Saturday, April 17, 2010

An Unusual Anniversary

It’s crazy how time flies. One year ago today was the first time I went to the hospital for my passing out/heart problem/vasovagal syncope episodes. It’s hard to believe it’s been a year already.

You know, I never would wish this goofy little health issue on someone else. However, I can’t explain how much I have learned and changed (hopefully for the better) through having this as part of my life. I am thankful that my heart episodes tend to be much better these days than a year ago, and as ridiculously cheesy as it sounds, I have come to appreciate the little gifts of life much more in the last year than I would have otherwise. I can’t complain too much; this burden has not been near as heavy as some of the things others have to carry, probably because God knows how weak I would be to deal with anything worse. In a weird way, this past year of health issues has helped me be less afraid. At the risk of sounding too dramatic, I’ve come to grips with the reality that I am on borrowed time. And I think that, in some ways, that realization has helped me live a bit differently this year.


Happy anniversary, vasovagal syncope.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jason- I just stumbled upon this, and thought i'd share with you that my mother and sister both have the same health issue. My mom has had a few episodes, both pretty bad, but she's learned that if she drinks Gatorade about 3 times a day, it really helps. :] You should give it a try if you haven't. Something about electrolytes. My sister found that Vitamin water helps her when she gets light headed. Just a piece of wisdom i thought i'd share with you. :]

    -Kristina Kazarian

    ReplyDelete