Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful

As I sat around the table on Thanksgiving, surrounded by friends and family, I realized just how much I have to be thankful for. Even though the last several months have brought many challenges, I have still been blessed beyond belief. Here's a short list of some of those things:

1. My husband, whom I love more today than the day I married him. I'm thankful for every day I have with him, knowing that each and every day is a gift. I'm thankful that with the grace of God, even the hard, seemingly impossible events of life can bring us closer together. I'm thankful that one day Jason will be a father, and I a mother, and am thankful knowing how amazing he will be at that role.

2. Our families. We've been blessed with two amazing families who love us unconditionally and support us through every triumph and every trial.

3. Our sweet pup. Even though with his age comes endless energy (and biting) we love him and are amazed by the comfort he can bring to us in times of sadness. Not to mention he's really fun to play with!

4. Friends. This is another area we have been profoundly blessed in. The Lord has put some great people in our lives whom we can share times of great joy and great sorrow. We're thankful for the rich friendship we've found in the last few months. The Lord provides exactly what the soul needs!

5. Our house. We love our little house and are very thankful to have a place to drink coffee in the mornings, lay our heads at night, and share lots of love throughout the day.

6. And because I'm drinking it now, I'm thankful for coffee. Coffee has the ability to give energy to the body and to the soul. Coffee has been known to bring friends together and I'm thankful for it's supernatural ability. :-)

And just to make you smile:

(Yes, sometimes we put Charlie in our jackets when it's cold.)

What are you all thankful for this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment