Monday, December 19, 2011

And I'm Off!

Tomorrow morning, at an incredibly early hour, I am off to Texas for Christmas. Jason will be joining me on Friday because he has to work the rest of the week. I am looking forward to being with family that I see not nearly enough, baking Christmas cookies with my sister, taking walks with my mom, hearing stories as we pack up my grandma's home, playing games, watching Christmas movies, playing with my niece and nephew, and so much more. This is such a fun time of year and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

My mother-in-law told shared a saying with me not long ago, "When you're a child Christmas comes every two years, but when your an adult Christmas comes every 6 months." How true is that statement? I swear the month of December goes faster and faster every year, while it seemed to drag by when I was little. I'm not quite ready for Christmas to come and go, but here we are on December 19th and there's not much I can do to slow it down. It's coming!

By the way, Charlie seems to know that I'm leaving and is not happy about it. I'm trying to give him extra love today to make up for a week that we'll be apart. I wish I could pack him in my suitcase and bring him with me!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment