Saturday, February 20, 2010

Give Me Five, Show Me You're Alive

This weekend Stephanie is frolicking in the snow with a bunch of jr. high students, which means that for the moment I am doing laundry and watching Olympic curling on TV (feel the excitement!!!). In the spirit of postponing things I really should be doing (writing papers, paying bills, et al), I thought I would throw down a few of my personal Top 5 lists. So, with minimal forethought, here they are:

Top 5 Movies:
5. Avatar
4. The Village
3. Star Wars (the franchise)
2. The Matrix
1. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

--A couple of notes. You might be surprised by the inclusion of Avatar and, frankly, so am I. I had my second viewing of it last night (IMAX 3D!!!) and I enjoyed it tremendously both times. So, it gets the provisional fifth spot. For now. Also, I realize I am copping out big time with my Star Wars selection, but it's my list and I can do what I want. Bam.

Top 5 Bands:
5. Sigur Ros
4. Coldplay
3. Switchfoot/Jon Foreman
2. David Crowder Band
1. Copeland

Top 5 Bands...in High School:
5. MxPx
4. POD
3. Pax 217
2. Five Iron Frenzy
1. Slick Shoes

Top 5 Sports Teams:
5. S.F. 49ers
4. USC/UCLA basketball and football (I know that might make some throw up in their mouths a little bit)
3. LAA Angels
2. Any APU team
1. LA Lakers

That's all I got for now. As you've probably guessed, I'm ready for my wife to get home.

--Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment