Monday, June 20, 2011

Everybody needs a little chocolate

So, baking is like therapy for me. I love to try new recipes and when I came across this little gem I knew I had to try it. Immediately, in fact. The results were to die for! I hope you give these a try because I know you won't be disappointed. Enjoy :-)

Milk Chocolate Cookies



THE PLAYERS

1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
8 ounces good-quality milk chocolate (4 ounces coarsely chopped and 4 ounces cut into ¼-inch chunks)
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I actually used 2 tsp)

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Melt 4 ounces of coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl set over a simmering pan of water; let cool slightly.

Put chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until combined. In small amounts, add the flour mixture and blend until combined. Stir in the milk chocolate chunks.

Using a 1 ½ inch ice cream scoop, drop cookies onto a baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or use a Silpat. Bake for until the cookies are flat and start to break apart, approximately 15 minutes. Let cool on parchment on a wire rack.

Recipe from: Martha Stewart's Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment