Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dear Baby: 33 Weeks



Dear sweet baby,

How are you doing in there, Mr. soccer star?  We always knew you were kicker but this weekend we learned just how STRONG you are.  I woke up at 3am on Saturday morning to excruciating pain in my ribs and didn't know what was wrong.  The pain was so bad for the whole day that I couldn't move or sit up without daddy's help.  We finally decided to go visit the doctor on Sunday afternoon since the pain still hadn't gone away.  There were some really scary things that the very nice doctor was able to rule out and finally determined that the pain I was feeling was most likely caused by a VERY strong little boy who likes to kick and snuggle up against his mama's ribs.  We must have heard 10 times how "active" you are and what a good baby you are (which we already knew, of course).  We were so proud to hear that!  We love you so much and can't wait to see if you'll be that active once your born.  We're gonna have our hands full, huh?  That sounds perfectly fine to me!

Everything else is great out here!  We are very busy with work, church, and preparing for your arrival.  My to-do list items for the next couple of weeks are to start packing my hospital bag and start washing some of your clothes.  I can't believe that it's time for that already but it is!  I wasn't planning on packing my hospital bag just yet but after being monitored at the hospital and seeing several contractions (false labor) on the screen I figured it's probably better just to be prepared.

Can you believe we only 7 more weeks until your due date?  And only 4 until we're full term!!!!!  We can't wait, Elijah!  We love you more than you'll ever know.

Love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment