Wednesday, August 7, 2013

5 months



Dear Elijah boy,

I just can't believe you are 5 months old today.  One more month and you'll be half a year!  Woah!  You are growing and changing every.single.day.  In fact, today you started doing this thing where you spit your pacifier out AS SOON as I put it in.  It's hilarious!  Except for when I'm trying to put you down for a nap.  You're little personality is really coming out these days and it's so fun to interact with you.  You are such a blast!  You still love your jumper like nobody's business and love to stand (with help, of course!)  You are so close to sit-up by yourself.  You're still a little top heavy so fall forward as soon as we let you go.  One of your new favorite things is having us read to you.  I think you like looking at the pictures but you especially love chewing on the books.  I think you're teething, although I've thought that for a while now.  You are chewing on everything (like said books) and drooling like crazy.  You don't seem to be in too much pain though, thankfully.

You are wearing 6-9 month clothes pretty much exclusively now but can still fit in some 3-6 month stuff.  We think you are weighing around 18 lbs these days, but won't know for sure until your 6 months appointment.  Also, you are still wearing size 3 diapers.  Target brand for the win!

Elijah, I love you so much!  I hope you always know my deep, unconditional love you.  I feel so thankful for you and blessed that the Lord chose me to be your momma.  Knowing that it was a hard road to have you makes you even more special, if that's even possible.  You are my joy!  I love you!

Love,
Your momma


No comments:

Post a Comment