Monday, May 7, 2012

i carry you in my heart

After weeks of trying to decide what special thing I wanted to do for our impending due date I finally decided.  I purchased a beautiful ring from Etsy and had some very special words inscribed on the side.  It's so special to me and it's exactly what I was hoping for.  Here's a couple of pictures:


Thing ring says "I carry you in my heart - May 29".  These words are significant to me because they are based off of a beautiful poem by E.E. Cummings that I have frequently read since our miscarriage.  Also, May 29 was our due date and I wanted that to be on there too.  I wear the ring on my right hand with the words facing me so I can read them all day.  It's perfect.  Thanks for letting me share.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is so perfect! Can you share a link for where you bought it? Great choice of words, I'm glad you were able to find such a beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love it :-) Here is the link to a similar one from the same site: http://www.etsy.com/listing/98913802/personalized-two-sided-inscribed

    I bought one with only one side inscribed but I can't find it in her shop... but close enough :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's perfect steph. I love it and I love you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete