Thursday, May 3, 2012

I hate the dentist

Confession #1: Up until last week I hadn't been to the dentist in almost 3 years.

Confession #2: I never floss.

Due to a combination for confession #1 and #2 I had some nasty plaque build up (especially around my pesky permanent retainer) and had to have a deep cleaning. These deep cleanings basically make up for loss time (in my case, almost 3 years) and give you a clean slate. Because they clean "deep" they have to numb you with a shot- which is easily the worst part. I opted for the dental hygenist to do the cleanings in two parts: last week she did the right side and today she did the left side. The actual cleaning wasn't all that bad but the numbing part is awful! I HATE how fat my face feels and how I can't drink or eat anything without looking like an absolute fool.

Here's what I look like today:

Here's what I FEEL like I look like today:

Don't I look ridiculous? (By the way, I must have taken 50 hilarious pictures on photobooth today.) 
Anyway, I hate the dentist and now remember why I didn't go for 3 years. By don't worry, I'm going to be a good girl and go every 6 months from now on because I ain't getting any more deep cleanings. No sir.

Oh, and P.S. I'm still numb 3 hours after my appointment and am starting to panic!  Am I going to be numb face forever???

No comments:

Post a Comment