Did you know that pregnant ladies are granted a super power? I mean, other than growing a human being inside of them. Seriously, you may not know it, but my pregnancy hormones emit a chemical into the air that knocks out the "normal social functioning" centers in the brains of anyone with whom I have a conversation. At least, that's the only way I can make sense of the endless bizarre comments I receive on a daily basis. Don't believe me? Check out a small sampling:
1. "Are you SURE you're not having twins???"
2. "Oh, you're having a boy? That's cool, I guess. I'm just really passionate about girls but boys are ok too."
3. "Don't scratch your stomach, it gives you stretch marks."
4. "Did you know that you can hear you're baby cry from inside you?"
And last but certainly not least:
5. "You're almost 7 months? That's good but anything could still happen. Did you know that some people lose their babies even at the very end of the pregnancy?" (Yes. Someone ACTUALLY said this to me.)
Like I said. Super. Power.
So there you have it. People don't know how to talk to pregnant women.