Monday, January 28, 2013

Dear Baby: 35 Weeks


Dear baby boy,

35 weeks!  5 weeks until your due date, 2 weeks until your considered full term, and 1 week until I'm on maternity leave!  Wow, time really is flying now.  Although I already feel like I know you like the back of my hand, it's almost time to really meet you and I can't wait!!

Our church threw us a beautiful baby shower today and I had so much fun.  I think you did too because you were moving around the whole time.  We had such a good time eating yummy desserts, playing games, opening wonderful presents, and of course, talking about you, my sweet boy!  Pastor Judy even spoke about your name-Elijah- and what it means to have such a strong, powerful name to live up to.  It was a wonderful devotion and I feel so blessed to be part of such a loving, generous church that cares so much about us- all 3 of us!

I'm feeling pretty good out here for the most part but my sleep is definitely getting worse.  I fall asleep within seconds but usually can only stay asleep for about an hour and then it's all downhill from there.  Tonight we tried a nice, long walk and I'm hoping that will tire out my body and help me stay asleep tonight.  All in all, I think my body is definitely getting adjusted to having less sleep.

Apparently you're tipping the scales at 5 1/4 lbs this week and measuring about 18 inches long.  I can't believe how big you are!  You're almost to size you'll be when your born, just gotta put on a little more baby chub!  I can't wait to kiss those cute little cheeks!  You're daddy and I are continually amazed that the Lord chose us to be your parents.  We feel so lucky!   We love you so, so much Elijah and can't wait till the day we get to finally meet you.

Love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment