Monday, February 11, 2013

Dear Baby: 37 Weeks



Dear sweet boy,

37 weeks!  Can you believe it?  We've made it to full-term status!!!  At this point it is safe for you to come at anytime.  We can't believe we are answering "any day now" when people ask when you're coming but we are so happy to be doing so.  You bring us so much joy and we can't wait to meet you and hold you and snuggle you and kiss you!  I think you're getting ready to meet us to... there's not much room left in there!  Did you know that the doctor guessed that you are already 7 lbs??  Are you gonna be a  big baby?  We'll find out soon!  Daddy and I are still guessing that you'll weigh right around 8 lbs 4 oz.

Mama's been having some very sharp pains in her tummy this week caused by the ever stretching belly and someone's little booty pushing out.  It hurts really bad but I just keep reminding myself that it means you are getting bigger and stronger and are one day closer to greeting the world.  Because of that realization I can endure any pain that comes my way (and I believe I have A LOT coming my way very soon.) :-)

I am very pleased to tell you that we are pretty much completely ready for you over here!  Your room is done, clothes washed and out away, closet organized, crib made, car seat installed... now all we need is YOU!  You take as much time as you need to come out, we want you to be healthy, but we'd love it if you came sooner rather than later.  Here's a little peek into your room:




We love you so much, Elijah!  Stay warm in there cause it's sure cold out here!  And don't worry, if you decide come when it's cold, I'll keep you nice and warm.  I LOVE to snuggle!

Love,
Your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment