Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dear Baby: 38 Weeks


Dear Elijah James,

As I sit here typing this letter you are rolling around in my tummy and making me laugh!  All I can do is be amazed at you and wonder what in the world you're doing in there.  I know it's getting snug in there, buddy, but you only have a couple more weeks (give or take) and then you can really stretch out!  I know I sound like a broken record here but we can't wait to meet you!  Daddy and I start every day by saying "you think today will be the day?".  Elijah, do you think it'll be today??

You have so many people who are anxiously awaiting your arrival.  You are just such a loved little boy!  Mama got to have breakfast with some dear friends this morning and they were all asking about you and can't wait to give you lots of snuggles.  See what you have to look forward?  It's gonna be really great out here, I promise!

I'm still feeling pretty good and am actually surprising myself that I'm as patient as I am.  The pain in my belly is getting better and I think that's because you are getting lower every day.  Last week we found out that I am 50% effaced but not dilated at all.  Don't worry if you don't know what that means, I don't really either.  All I know is that 50% is progress and that makes me happy.  We have another appointment on Thursday- maybe that will bring good news?

I love you so much, my son!  I am counting down the days till I can hold you in my arms.  You are my pride and joy!

Love,
Your Mama

1 comment:

  1. You are adorable, Steph!!!! I can't wait to hear the awesome news when Eli decides he is ready for his birthday. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete